Call for Proposals
2022 State Conference on November 4-5, 2022 at Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
The Illinois State Music Teachers Association (ISMTA) is now accepting proposals for the 2022 State Conference on November 4-5, 2022 at Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL. ISMTA has held successful virtual conferences for the past two years and is now excited to return to an in-person format. This year’s conference will be filled with a variety of programs that will enrich our members in areas such as professional development, music education, performances, wellness, technology, and inclusive/diversity teaching.The options of the presentation will be 25 minutes or 50 minutes, including Q & A.
This year, we also are seeking for proposals on “Studio Stories in Challenging Times”. Topics may include studio events, students’ achievements, or any types of successful studio management ideas and activities.
For further questions, please contact VP-Conferences:
Follow the guidelines below when you submit your proposal:
- Name of Presenter(s), phone number, and email address<
- Title of presentation
- 25-minute or 50-minute presentation.
- The session proposal should include any supporting information. (250 words)
- A brief summary of the presentation (100 words)
- Bio(s) of the presenter(s) (50 words limit for each person)
- A jpeg file of the presenter’s headshot (minimum of 300 dpi)
- Agreement to give an in-person presentation on site.
Submission deadline: June 19, 2022 by 5pm (CST). Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Proposals must be submitted to the online form: